When I started in Internet marketing I didn’t have a clue what I should be doing buying products did fill in some gaps but there was more that I was missing. I then got into the habit of watching exactly what the gurus were doing not what they were selling and those gaps soon got filled so here are some things that the guru’s know AND do.
1. They know you can can take an idea from someone else for example a book and expand on it to create a top selling product. Many of the top marketers have never had an original Idea in their lives but know how to bring a unique spin to an idea and promote it to a wider audience. Bad marketers will try to do this but just end up copying another product.
2. They know there is high value in sites like Mixergy or Udemy that publish content from some of the best brains in other businesses. What works for a silicon Valley start up may also work for you
3. They know that investing in good quality staff pays dividends 10 times over. It’s tempting to hire that $2 an hour outsourcer from the Philippines but the impact on you business will be minimal compared to the 10% you pay your JV manager or the $5,000 you pay for a sales page.
4. They know that there are more ways to sell products than clickbank and wso’s , once again Udemy, Mixergy, Mindvalley and even Appsumo give them access to new markets and new ideas.
5. They know that you need to test , test and test some more, in fact they test everything. They split test emails, and landing pages, they’ll split teat price points and download pages. If it’s part of their business they’ll test it. I’ve not met a top name marketer who didn’t know his most recent conversion rates.
6. They network as if their lives depended on it, I’ve not met a “guru” who hasn’t be happy to spend time with people who they don’t know and they are genuinely interested in what you do. They realise that the guy who just sold 30 copies of his first WSO may well be the same guy who sells 10,000 copies of a similar product in 18 months time.
7. They take action , if they are in the office they are working, even if it’s just 2 or 3 day’s a week thats their work time and they they work and don’t leave until they are finished. If they have to do a promotion or record a video they do it
8. Some of you may not believe this but they know that good customer service is paramount, they have teams of customer service reps who work to ensure that your questions are answered effectively and efficiently
9. They know not to take negative comments personally and that refunds are just part of the “game’
10. …. I’ll leave this one to you, let me know below what you think separates the top marketers from the rest of us
Hell yeah it’s bonus time…. I recorded another podcast with Paul Forcey earlier in the week and if you’ve listened to any of our old podcasts you’ll know that we don’t hold back with our views and that we’ll occassionaly make you laugh.
Bonus 2. Mastering Multisites
I created this bonus for my subscribers and blog readers and it’s about how to use the WordPress Multisite function effectively …
If you aren’t subscribed to any of my email lists then why not add your details in the sidebar and you’ll get more access to more bonus’s like this and lots of good information… if you’ve read a few posts here you’ll know I won’t send you endless offers.
[viralbait_buttons fb="yes" google="yes" twitter="yes" linkedin="yes" ]