I thought I’d talk about scaling your business today, for those of you who don’t know scaling is the process by which you take a successful venture and grow it so that the profit increases exponentially. So for example if you had a successful AdWords campaign that earned you $30 per day you would want to scale it up so that it earns you $300 per day.
Unfortunately scaling is not always as easy as some people make it sound. Each niche or product has a natural level of sales. How many people actually want to buy purple spotted baseball bats? No matter how hard you try to scale up those sales you will struggle… unless of course the Chicago cubs start using them!
However putting that aside the theory is sound, I always regard my first sale on a site as a proof of concept. If I can make that first sale then I can can make more. I frequently buy a domain and place some content from ezinearticles on there and add AdSense even if i am intending it to be an affiliate site. I’ll then submit another article on the topic to ezinearticles and see what happens. It’s quick and cheap.. and can save you money in the long term.
If I get the traffic and a few clicks on the ads then I know there is a market as Adsense ads are generally aimed at attracting buyers so people clicking on the ads means that there are buyers, they are reading your article and you can make money. It’s then all a case of scaling it up, there is nothing stopping you having several sites on each niche, adding additional keywords , trying an AdWords campaign.
Who wants a challenge this weekend??
Do the following and I guarantee that you’ll earn money before next weekend . Then all you need to do is to scale it up.
1. Go to ezinearticles and find an article that has had 100 views or more in 3 days. The more views the better. (views and date posted are listed at the bottom of every article.)
2 Buy a Domain related to the same niche or if you have no money set up a subdomain using the name of the niche on an existing site.
3. Grab some related content from article directories (we aren’t interested in seo on this site) If it has list of tips so much the better. (see 6)
4. Add Adsense , don’t blend it in or be subtle..make it stand out
5. Spend 1 hour writing articles for submission to ezinearticles (this should be enough for 2 or 3 articles) they only need to be 300-500 words.
6. Add a resource box which will get click throughs , says some thing like ” For more FREE Tips and advice Visit …… ” or “Find out how to cure xxx forever , visit…….” or “Now you know the problem find out how you can get rid of xxxxx visit….” Don’t use any resources boxes that say things like “john smith is an expert in…..”
Thats it…. Now go an prove that you are not like 95% of other people out there and take action. When you make money from this post a comment below and I’ll come up with a gift for the best comment.
Have a nice weekend!